Mr. Andrew D’Souza was born on 04.03.1951 at Paladka, Holy Rosary Ward. After his education, he started his career as a teacher in St. Ignatius Higher Primary School, Paladka on 16.01.1976 as an assistant teacher. Then he was promoted as ‘Head Master’ and continued his service. Thus he served the school for about 25 years.
On 01.08.2000, Mr. Andrew was transferred to Holy Angels Higher Primary School, Shirthady, as Head Master. There he constructed a beautiful school building, which is the testimony of his ability.
As the situation fell vacant at St. Joseph’s Higher Pry. School Taccode, Mr. Andrew was transferred to Taccode on 01.06.2004, where he serves even today.
Mr. Andrew is known not only for teaching but also for his social work. He is a well-known dramatist and a sports person. He used his talents to train his students in sports and other extra curricular activities. He is also well-known for M.C. (Master of Ceremony) work.
We, Paladka Parishioners are proud of him. The Catholic Sabha, Paladka Unit, felicitated him on 08.10.2006, with a shawl, garlands & fruits.
Report by : Victor D’Souza, Paladka